Monday, June 3, 2013

Landscape Project


This project was my personal favorite.

First, I selected a photo from which to work; I chose a picture which I took on my trip to Jamaica. In planning for this project, I did a marker sketch of my composition using sharpies. I painted from background to foreground, painting in objects after the landscape was finished. Atmospheric perspective is used to make objects/structures appear to be farther away - usually achieved by using shades and tints. By placing shadows beneath my objects, and creating a lighter surface in one portion of my painting, I indicated the light source. I used an analogous color scheme in my landscape (yellow, green, blue, blue green) and value (shadows) were used to show depth in my ocean, as well as the direction of the light source (sun).

No comments:

Post a Comment